Sunday, August 14, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up

I took Olivia to the mall yesterday while Ryan was at the Shooting Complex for the last day of the Grand. Usually when Olivia and I go shopping alone, it is on a Thursday and the mall isn't really busy. Well, Saturday is a much different story. I couldn't believe how crowded the mall was. The stores weren't bad but the mall itself and the food court was crazy busy. I was going to take Olivia to get something to eat around 11:00 but after I got in line I realized that the crowd was so tightly packed that I couldn't breathe...and that there was no way that I could watch Olivia, my purse (which the zipper is broken), my phone in my open purse, order our food, carry our drinks and food, and push the stroller alone. It was right about when this happened, that my phone rang. I got out of line and to my surprise it was Ryan. He was bored at the Grand and decided he wanted to join us at the mall and for lunch. Needless to say I was ecstatic!  I pushed Olivia back towards Sears so we could get a lemonade from the pretzel stand and wait for Ryan, and that's when we saw him....the reason the mall was so packed full that day:

 The line for Sponge Bob wrapped from the escalators in front of JC Penney all the way to Sears.  They also had face painting, balloon animals, decorate your own cookie, and something from the pretzel place. Also, Macy's was having Hello Kitty!  Of all the days for me to pick to go alone to the mall, it had to be this one!  But I must say that I am thankful that Ryan decided to join us for lunch and shopping the rest of the afternoon!  I don't really know  how I would have gotten Olivia fed if he hadn't shown up. I decided that Ryan's isn't allowed to let us go shopping alone on a Saturday anymore until she gets older!  I doubt he is excited about that haha. 

Being the nice husband that Ryan is, and after spending last Thursday - Sunday away from the house at the Grand, he decided to buy me a new bag and sunglasses. I'm not all about labels, I just want a bag that doesn't resemble a diaper bag, and that functions the way I need it to, and that shuts all the way and won't let my stuff fall out! I don't know about you, but I'd say Ryan did an excellent job of helping me pick out a bag: 


As another gift from Ryan, he is taking Olivia and I to the Mills Mall next Saturday!  I have some coupons to the Children's Place and I want to go to their outlet store. I have never been to the Mills Mall, so I am looking forward to it very much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment