Monday, August 8, 2011

Time for school!.....wait, seriously?!?

The new school year is fast approaching, and with all of our older preschoolers going to kindergarten, this means I will be getting a new class of 3 yr old preschoolers. I am excited to be getting a new class, however, I am very sad to see most/all of my kiddos move up to 4yr old preschool. My very first class that I ever taught at DYC are all going to kindergarten next week.  It is hard enough to see them grow up, but this class that I am teaching now is going to be even harder to see them move up. I taught most/all of them when they were in the 2 year old rooms, and then when I moved to one of the 3 year old preschool rooms, I was excited to learn that most/all of my 2yr old kids were moving with me. I have had these kiddos for two years now and I am not ready to let them go. I love my kiddos and I love that they love to tell me all sorts of stories about the events of their lives. It takes such a long time to get to know a new class. And you wouldn't believe the age difference between a 3 year old and an almost 4 year old. It is incredible!  I am going to miss that the all the children in my class know the days of the week and the months of the year, etc and this new class isn't going to know the answers to my questions. But there lies the fun part. Now I get to mold new minds, preparing them for upper pre-k and kindergarten.  

Another positive note is that Fall is fast approaching. The fall months are my favorite to plan for because all of my lessons just come naturally. Actually September - May are the easiest to plan for...it is those darn summer months that really stink to plan for. I believe this is why school teachers take the summer months off....so they don't have to plan during these hard months! lol. just kidding!. 

I do hope, that I get to have my class roster soon though. I would really like to start preparing for my new class. Not that I am ready to push my old class out the door, but I absolutely hate to start a new class with nothing of 'theirs' on the walls. I like to make cubby tags, table tags, name tags on the door and circle time, sleeping spots, etc. and have that all done for when they arrive the first day. I believe that this makes the room seem more friendly and not so blank! It is nice for parents to feel comfortable and have a 'home' for their child and not just another room to put their things in. Seriously, it would be nice to get my roster soon...and not at the last minute. hint hint! :)

Well, that's all I've got for now. Time to get Olivia to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment