Tuesday, August 23, 2011

busy, busy, busy!

It's been a while since I posted my last blog, but I can not say it was due to me being lazy!  I have been so busy with work and family stuff, I seriously haven't' had the time to just sit at the computer and type.

I officially started with my new class on Monday. So far so good. It's always hard with a new class. My kiddos that moved up were so good at knowing my rules and knowing that I am SERIOUS when I say it is time to pick up that it is hard to have this new class of kids that just refuse to pick up the toys. I've decided to implement a new behavior system with this group and I hope that it works for them. We set up our classroom rules and discussed how our sticker charts work, and I think they really get it. I had a few kiddos say today, "you better pick up your toy, because if you don't your name will be moved to yellow!"  Something new for me in this particular room is that I have a couple of children who are not all the way potty trained yet. When I taught in the 2 year old room, none of the kids were potty trained so potty time was scheduled into our daily routine. Potty time in the room I am in now is just when you have to go, just go.  I have not had any children who were not potty trained in this room yet, so it has been difficult to get back into the swing of things and remembering that they need to potty more often to keep their pull-ups dry. Hopefully with a bit more practice, I will get the hang of it again. And I am hoping that I can whip them into shape and get them out of pull-ups ASAP!  I do like to try to put them in underwear when I feel they are ready, but until they are staying consistently dry in their pullup when we potty, they will stay in their pull-up.

This past weekend, Ryan took Olivia and I to the Mills Mall for the first time!  I didn't realize how flipping big that mall actually is!  We had a BLAST walking around and looking at all the shops. Olivia had lots of fun too until she was ready to pass out for nap and we were only half way through the mall. Her stroller isn't the best for sleeping so I felt really bad for her that she wasn't comfortable. We found lots of great deals on clothes though!  Since Livy's birthday is in June she got all summer clothes at her party. I love that she gets clothes, but that left us with NOTHING for the fall. The Children's Place has had some wonderful back to school sales going on and I just had to take advantage while I could. Old Navy had some great deals this weekend too!  We had the opportunity to go to the Carters store at the Mills....needless to say, the next time we have a baby, we will definitely be headed there!  

Speaking of babies, thanks to my husband, last week for one day, the Facebook world thought I was pregnant!  Believe me when I say that I am not!  Not that I don't want to be...because if we were financially ready for a maternity leave, we would definitely be trying for another one soon, but until we can get enough saved up to cover a maternity leave, we won't be having another baby.  Who knows though...that could mean a few months or another year...

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Carters!! Their stuff is so cute & they always have good sales.....that place gets me in lots of trouble!!

    ReplyDelete