Friday, October 7, 2011

PTL, We might have done it!

Olivia slept in her bedroom all night last night! PTL!!! 

We struggled with getting her to sleep in her bed pretty much since she was born. She wasn't necessarily sleeping in our bed, but from the time we brought her home, she always slept in our room..first, in her pack-n-play (bassinet feature), second, our bed, and third, we finally broke down and put her mattress into our room on the floor so that she could be in our room, but not in our bed. A friend from work actually gave me the idea to put her bed in our room because she knew someone that had to do it and it worked for them. 

From the time we moved her bed, she always snuggled with me in bed and fell asleep, then once asleep, Ryan would move her to her mattress, and most nights, she would stay in her own bed. Usually if she woke up, it would be after Ryan got up and she could hear him getting ready and would crawl into bed with me. No big deal. 

Here is her bed now:

Yesterday, I spent the entire day cleaning her bedroom and getting it ready for her play date with E tomorrow. I knew that I couldn't leave her bed empty like it was because it is a safety hazard. So, I washed all her bedding, made it up, and sure enough, after she fell asleep, Ryan carried her to her room and she never made a sound!  I slept like crap of course, because I didn't know if she was okay. I think I woke up like 15 times to 'pee' and check on her. lol. 

When I woke her up this morning, I praised her for staying in her bed all night long. She jumped into my arms for a hug, and then said, "I don't like the scary monkey!"  I assume that she was having a dream of some kind, so I told her that she doesn't need to be scared of a monkey and that mommy and daddy would tell it to go away. She then said, "Okay, But Daddy and Papa Bob need to shoot it!"  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  

I love that she always wants them to kill her bad dreams away!

Enjoy this beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment