Thursday, October 6, 2011

Being busy....that is an UNDERSTATEMENT!

We have been so busy lately, that I truly haven't had 10 minutes to sit down at the computer since my last blog!

We have had something to do every weekend since September 17th!  Wedding, Parade, Apple Picking, Appelbaum Training, Pumpkin Picking, etc. and we have every weekend full until October 29th!  Between work, cleaning, cooking, and trying to keep my sanity when I don't actually have a weekend off, I"d have to say I am pretty beat.  But today is my day off during the week, so here I sit at 8:00am while my baby girl is still asleep. 

Here are a few of my favorite pics from apple picking this year:
                         
SUCCESS!
TASTING
GIVING DADDY A TASTE

RIDING A RIDE
IN THE APPLE
DRIVING THE GREEN TRACTOR
DRIVING THE RED TRACTOR

She really did have a blast!

So, on a bit of a sour note, my dish washer broke! This really does suck!  I know that this may sound silly, but it really is hard to wash dishes in my sink. Because of how our house was made, our sink is like only 4-6 inches deep. Why they didn't put a deeper sink in, I have no idea, but whatever. I can only wash 2 things at one time without making a watery mess, and I can't let anything soak in my sink, because again, it's not deep enough. But believe me when I say that I am not opposed to doing dishes in the sink (like some may think). I am NOT lazy and I am not a bad person for Not wanting to stand for an hour to wash dishes from the weekend when we haven't been home while I have a screaming 2 year old that just wants me to play with her or sit and watch Tangled. I've grown up in a time where we always had a dishwasher. Don't tell me that I am being lazy, when I was raised with a dishwasher.  This dishwasher is only 3 years old. We bought it when we first moved in. The town we live in has such hard water, that we believe the calcium deposits burned up the motor. Ryan and I are not even sure we want to replace it right away because we don't want the same thing happening again. Some of our neighbors said they have even purchased a water softener, and it still doesn't help. So for now, no dishwasher. Just hope I don't break my hands, because then we are really screwed!. LOL

Today Liv and I are cleaning her room for a very special guest that is coming on Saturday. Liv is gonna have a play date with one of my best friends daughter. She has not stopped talking about it all week!  Every morning she wakes up and says, "E, coming today?" and I have to tell her not till Saturday. She can't wait for her to get here. 

The rest of our October looks like this:
Oct 8 - Play date with E
Oct 9 - E's b-day party
Oct 15 - 16 - Ryan's sisters b-day and Pumpkin Picking, just us 3
October 22 - bonfire
October 29 - 30 - free at the moment, however I am sure that someone will want to do something and we will have to go.
October 31 - HALLOWEEN!  We are taking Liv trick-or-treating this year for the first time.(we normally just hand out candy somewhere). She picked out her costume already and LOVES it!  I have to do some quick alterations to it because they only had it in a size 4T, but all it will need is some Velcro and with will be perfect!  


hopefully my next blog won't be a month from now!

No comments:

Post a Comment